Food and Drink Festival
Event Date & Times
- Date: 22nd June 2019 (Sat)
- Time: All day event
- Ends: 23rd June 2019 (Sun)
- Repeats: Daily
The annual Droitwich Spa Food & Drink Festival is back; once again taking place in the beautiful surroundings of the town’s historical Lido Park. This year’s programme promises more food, more entertainment and more fun with a jam-packed line-up over two full days.
The festival will commence at 10am 22nd June on the Saturday morning with entertainment through to 9pm in the evening, then on the Sunday from 10am until 5pm. Free to visit, and plenty of activities for the whole family to enjoy.
This year’s highlights include:
- Nearly 100 food & drink stalls featuring the likes of Award Winning Churchfields Ice Cream and Croome Cuisine Cheeses; for the first time our food and drink exhibitors will remain for the Sunday
- Entertainment on the bandstand featuring; Come Together, Chloe Chadwick, the Coventry Brass Band and Jazz Alchemy
- Introducing the Love Food Roadshow; featuring a full line-up of expert chefs presenting live cooking demonstrations in our outdoor kitchen
- Chilli Eating Competition presented by the Clifton Chilli Club; free to enter, but not for the faint hearted!!
- New Lifestyle Area with the Sanders Ultimate Bootcamp, live DJ and Bumper Cars
- Salt Day Sunday; a celebration of the town’s heritage, the Sunday will feature live cooking demos from local Droitwich Salt producers
Food & Drink at the Festival
Now in its 7th year, the Droitwich Spa Food & Drink Festival will, for the first time, feature almost 100 food and drink stalls across the whole weekend. A foodie heaven, with local award-winning products, the festival has a strong emphasis on local producers with almost 90% of exhibitors coming from within a 30-mile radius of the town itself.
Live on the Bandstand
We’ve booked the best local singers, bands and choirs, so plenty to keep people entertained over the weekend. This year, the music will continue into the evening with acts performing until 9pm on the Saturday and 5pm on the Sunday.
We are delighted to have the Love Food Roadshow at this year’s festival, providing a roster of esteemed chefs to provide live cooking demonstrations on the Saturday and Sunday. Highlights include a masterclass in making cocktails, a champagne tasting session, and sweet baked goods by #Nom
Chilli Eating Competition
Hot off the Press: The infamous Clifton Chilli Club, of YouTube fame, will be hosting an eye-watering chilli eating competition at 5pm on the Saturday. It’s free to enter, but comes with a warning.
Expect fun for children with a line-up of entertainers and bumper cars, plus free boot camps, the Droitwich Spa 'A-Salt' course, for the whole family, with personal trainer, Clive Sanders of Sanders Fitness. Come dressed to sweat!
Salt Day Sunday
We’ll be celebrating our town’s special heritage with a line-up to celebrate Droitwich Salt, and learn about other food producers embracing our town’s amazing natural source. The day will close with an Awards ceremony for the bootcamp ‘A-Salt’ course winners at 4pm on the Sunday.
The award-winning Droitwich Spa Food & Drink Festival has become one of the main events in the town during the summer and is fast building a reputation as one of the leading foodie festivals in the Midlands. Run by a committee of volunteer representatives and supported by Wychavon District Council, Worcestershire County Council, Droitwich Spa Town Council and Local Businesses, the festival is completely free to enter throughout the weekend, making it a great, affordable day out for the whole family.