The Canal Boat Crew
Event Date & Times
- Date: 15th September 2018 (Sat)
- Time: 8:30p.m.
- Ends: 28th September 2018 (Fri)
Friendly Sessions Of Acoustic Music
I have organised a boat holiday on a hire boat travelling along the waterways in The Midlands taking place in September of this year. Whilst travelling along we are hosting a series of acoustic music sessions in waterside pubs that we are visiting each evening. On board the boat are eight people, all of whom are musicians and singers. However, we are not a band as such. In fact most of the crew will never have met each other before we arrive at the boatyard prior to 'casting off', particularly as some of them have travelled from North America to be with us! Whilst most of us have played professionally, this trip is simply a holiday. We are not being paid for hosting these sessions, which are free to attend, and therefore paying for advertising is beyond our means. Everybody is welcome to come along and enjoy the evenings by singing, playing or just listening. Everything is totally acoustic, as we do not have space on the boat for any amplification equipment. There is no charge for anyone who would like to come along and join us.
Previously, when I have organised similar ventures, they have been of interest to the local BBC radio stations covering the areas we have visited. In 2017 Keith Wedgebury of BBC Radio Coventry visited us on the boat with an outside broadcast unit to conduct an interview broadcast on their afternoon show. In June of this year BBC Radio Suffolk conducted a similar interview over the telephone. If you would like to do something similar you would be very welcome.
The dates and venues in September 2018 are:
- Saturday 15th – Boat & Railway, Stoke Works B60 4EQ
- Sunday 16th – Railway Inn, Droitwich WR9 9AY
- Monday 17th – Cardinal’s Hat, Worcester WR1 2NA
- Tuesday 18th – Bridge Inn, Tibberton WR9 7NQ
- Wednesday 19th – The Talbot, Droitwich WR9 8EJ
- Thursday 20th – Navigation, Stoke Prior B60 4LB
- Friday 21st – Weighbridge, Alvechurch B48 7SQ
- Saturday 22nd – Blue Bell, Waring’s Green B94 6BP
- Sunday 23rd – Navigation Inn, Lapworth B94 6NA
- Monday 24th – Pen & Parchment, Stratford CV37 6YY
- Tuesday 25th – Navigation Inn, Wooton Wawen B95 6BZ
- Wednesday 26th – Black Boy, Knowle B93 0EB
- Thursday 27th – Wharf Tavern, Hockley Heath B94 6QT
- Friday 28th – Crown Inn, Alvechurch B48 7PN